The 5 Big Emerging Threats are:
- Trusted Users and Partners. We are exposing more and more data to more and more "trusted" people without proper monitoring and authorization.
- Web Application Vulnerabilities. According to a Gartner estimate 75 percent of current attacks take place through application vulnerabilities. Most organizations, particularly software developers, remain clueless about application security.
- Missing or Stolen Devices. Enterprise data is now ubiquitous in everything from unencrypted laptops to mobile phones.
- Custom Malware. Signature-based anti-virus systems are completely ineffectual against custom malware. Traditional armies wear identifiable uniforms. Guerillas and terrorists don't.
- Social Engineering. How many of our even "sophisticated" users fall prey to phishing attacks or share their passwords with strangers?